Langtang valley treks one of the closest treks near Kathmandu. Langtang valley is situated to the north of Kathmandu near the Tibet border. It is very popular due to its distance and scenery available at the end of the trek. The highest peak in this area is the Langtang Lirung and stands about 7245m. Due to its closeness to Tibet many Nepalese here are descendants of Tibet people. The lifestyle and culture here is mostly a reflection of Tibet itself. Various peaks such as Ganesh himal (6770m), Paldorje peak (6044m) and Lantang II (6596m) can be viewed upon during this trek. The Kyangjin Ri, another peak in the trek with a height of 4235m, has unbelievable wide-view of the Langtang Lirung and other peaks near it.
Snow-capped mountain and Rhododendron forests, national flower of Nepal, provide an amazing view of the surrounding the trails of the Langtang trek. As the altitudes of the peaks are relatively high, some getting used to is necessary. The schedule was devised taking this into account to ensure the trekkers are able to adapt and enjoy the trek.
Day 01 Arrival in KathmanduOne of our representatives will pick you up at the airport and transfer you to the hotel. You will spend the night at the hotel and are welcomed with a traditional dinner at a restaurant.
Day 02 Kathmandu sight scene
On the second day, you will be taken on a tour of Kathmandu valley mostly around religious and historical places found here. After the tour you will meet you trekking team and the trekking leader. Your trek leader will give you relevant instructions and information about the trek.
Day 03 Kathmandu to Syabru Besi
The trek begin early in the morning, you will be travelling to Syabru Besi from kathamandu in a bus which will take about 8-9 hours. The trekkers rest here for the night and enjoy the view of Ganesh Himal.
Day 04 Syabru Besi to Lama HotelThe trail from Syabru Besi goes through rhododendron, bamboo and oak forests along the bank of the river Langtang and reaches the Lama hotel where the journey comes to a halt for the day.
Day 05 Lama Hotel to Langtang villageAs we continue along the river Langtang through the rhododendron forest we reach Langtang village.
Day 06 Langtang to Kyangching GompaOur destination today is the Kyanching Gompa famous for its cheese and curd. While on the trail we come across villages filled with traditional houses, built by mud and stone, to finally reach Kyangching Gompa.
Day 07 Kyangching Gompa to Lama HotelFrom here the trek starts to descend back to reach lama hotel the same way.
Day 08 Lama hotel to Syabru BesiThe trail then leads back to Syabru Besi where trekkers relax and visit the market here.
Day 09 Syabru Besi to KathmanduThe trek has ended and the trekkers take a bus back to Kathmandu and go back to the hotel, this may take about 7-9 hours.
Day 10 Departure dayA vehicle will be scheduled to drop you at the international airport for your departure flight.
- All Airport pick up & drop.
- Necessary Flight tickets as per itenary.
- Kathmandu city tour as per the above itinerary.
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and during the trek.
- Lodge to lodge/tented camp accommodation during the trek as per itenaries.
- All necessary permits and paper works.
- First Aid Medical kit box.
- Tourist service charge, Vat.
- Office Service charge.
- Guide & support staffs and their insurance and salary, food and accomodation.
- Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
- Travel insurance
- International air fare to and from Nepal.
- Nepal Tourist Visa fee
- Items and expenses of personal nature
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, hot shower, cold drinks, mineral water bottles, snacks, laundry, phone call, and internet.
- Personal Trekking Equipments
- Tips for guide, porters, driver...